Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What is Sci-Fi

Science fiction is always for me one of the most interesting and odd genres out there. What I know is that any time the mention of the future or the present being the future guaranteed you got Sci-Fi. What is it? How should I know, but I feel I got a grasp on the genre.

The genre is a look at the current technology and what it can become like cyborgs, homes that do everything for humans, intergalactic space journeys from planet to planet from the government trying to kill you. If you didn't get the references then here you go. Ghost In The Shell or Blade Runner, The Veldt and Star Wars. All are three different types.

Yet, we cannot forget the usual stereotypes where robots control man and we overcome destroying them. Or how post-apocalyptic worlds re-evolve to better places. OR even the space journey which plays out like Lord of The Rings. Now these steretypes can stay with us and help the genre. I love these stereotypes. Fantasy is old for me. Science Fiction always as me at my toes.

It truely is a genre where it changes how the world ends up. Space rockets and languages used as weapons came from Sci-fi. What makes you think Star Wars will not become a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment