Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Hobbit

Yeah you try to keep interested in that book. The prequels to Redwall were way better than The Annotated Hobbit. I attempted to read and I just could not swallow it. The reason I couldn't is because it of the child like writing. That sounded cruel, but I felt that is the truth. Long winded writing bores me. Now Lord of The Rings I can talk about. Didn't read all of it, but from I do recall is that I had a mind explosion at the attention of detail that made you feel you could see it! The films lagged in that. Yes great locations, but not the way I would see it.

Now how the book relates to my major which is Digital Film is the hero's journey. But I am go negative on this topic. The film and book series is nothing more than walking. Then again almost all hero's journey's are like that. Star Wars is nothing more than flying, sword fighting and talking. Yet we love the dialogue and the action that takes places. To me it is tough to pick which is a great fantasy novel and or because I feel there are stereotypes as to the fans of the genre.

Then again Lord of The Rings was great in that the message is about finishing what you started. Morality at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment